We help clients unleash advanced analytics on Big Data to turn consumer insights into commercial excellence.
Consumer goods companies face increasing amounts of data, especially if they have access to transaction logs through syndicated data arrangements with retailers. This data can be a unique asset to generate value by way of more targeted product development, pricing, promotions, and marketing.
Our analytical experts have the knowledge and the practical experience to work with disparate data sources, generate relevant insights, and derive a rich fact base to support all key business decisions in the consumer goods industry.
What we do
Projects for clients often touch on the following topics:
- Insights-driven category strategy and assortment. Based on transaction or loyalty data, we conduct targeted data mining to help consumer goods companies make informed decisions about assortment management.
- Insights-driven pricing and promotions. To optimize shelf prices for profit and to get the most out of promotions, we offer our clients our proprietary Periscope Suite of tools, combining econometric modeling with heuristics and process management.
- Insights-driven marketing. To enable clients to make marketing investments where they really matter, we help them apply advanced analytics to marketing mix modeling and media planning.
Our experts are linked through a global network by a growing number of regional hubs and can be accessed by teams in any of our offices worldwide to cover topics from category strategy to pricing and promotions.
For category strategy and assortment optimization, we offer our clients a proprietary econometric approach to identify regional and local market structures. This can be deployed to pinpoint category growth opportunities as well as to optimize the existing product portfolio across countries.
Data Mining Suite
DM offers a suite of price, margin and category optimization solutions that embeds sustainable best-in-class practices. The suite helps companies rise above the sea of data to bring clarity, precision, and excellence to their day by:
- Bringing clarity to customers’ buying behavior at near real-time speed, enabling improved assortments, promotions, next-product-to-buy recommendations, and product pricing (Customer Insights)
- Monitoring and assessing competitive positioning in real-time on an unlimited number of products and price points (Market Vision)
- Providing granular transparency into data and practical insights for continuous price improvement (Performance Vision)
- Evaluating the right trade investment across brands, calendar weeks, customers, and geographies (Promotion Advisor)
- Creating accurate in-store product facings and listings, determining item-level transferable demand and walk rates (Assortment Advisor)