We combine advanced tools and techniques with expertise in strategy formulation and organizational transformation to help clients optimize their risk exposures, improve performance, increase profits, and accelerate growth.
Organizations are making major investments today to harness their massive and rapidly growing quantities of information. They are putting existing data to work that had been trapped in business units and functional silos, and they are managing new types of data coming at them from a wide variety of external sources. They are also building better models with greater predictive power by applying advanced tools and techniques.
These investments are vital to improve risk management for today’s challenging global environment. However, if organizations are going to get maximum value from them, they need to go beyond just the data and models. They need to rethink and fine-tune their strategies, and change their culture and processes.
We are at the forefront of helping organizations transform risk management through advanced analytics, while supporting broader efforts to maximize risk-adjusted returns. We do so by combining our expertise in risk analytics with deep experience and understanding of our clients’ business context.
Understanding that technical expertise is a prerequisite to success, we have made significant investments to increase our capabilities:
- We have professionals who specialize in serving clients on risk advanced analytics. This group not only includes our consultants with deep expertise in analytics, but also a group specialized modelers with advanced mathematical degrees across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
- We are evolving our model to deliver impact through analytics. This includes larger team structures that combine the talent of our consultants, modelers and data scientists, and quantitative knowledge experts. Furthermore, in some cases, we link our fees to faster growth, cost reductions and other metrics.
- We have developed proprietary knowledge and assets, including a digital credit assessment, qualitative credit assessment, sentiment analysis, and quantitative commodity-price scenario analysis.
- We have an exceptional team of external senior advisors as well as partnerships with research and statistical centres, to offer our clients deeper insights in the field of risk advanced analytics.
We know that merely solving the problem at hand isn’t enough, and so we work closely with key employees at all levels to build their core capabilities and refine processes. We help our clients align their “quants,” business-unit personnel, senior executives, and boards on what’s important and how to capitalize on it.
In short, we help our clients turn the promise of risk advanced analytics into impact.
How we help clients
Here are some specific areas where we bring distinctive risk analytics to our clients.
- Risk modeling and analytics
- Understanding and adapting to changing consumer behavior
- Mining the vast amounts of available data
- Expanding the credit “buy box” without altering the overall risk profile or appetite
- Increasing penetration of the customer base
- Containing credit risk within the portfolio
- Understanding aggregate risk levels in a range of baseline and stress scenarios.
- Stress testing and balance-sheet analytics
A structured, well-defined stress-testing process connects the “engine room” to the board room. It goes beyond cumbersome exercises aimed solely at achieving regulatory compliance and moves board members and business leaders to action. Our stress-testing capabilities include generating scenarios, translating them into environmental parameters through macroeconomic quantification, and then assessing the impact of these scenarios on the market, and on the client’s profit and loss (P&L) and balance sheet. All of this informs an action plan to mitigate risks and swiftly capture opportunities.